In 2001 Genesys came out with Genesys Express aimed at luring the SMB to its CTI platform. This was all before the computing cloud trend, so this on-premise solution was truly “Genesys lite.” The package installs the basic components of Genesys using a user-friendly wizard to walk through the deployment process. The goal was to limit customization and offer as much vanilla Genesys as possible.
It was a well-intended effort to help midsize customers. However, I think the method and execution weren’t well thought out. The first rule of contact centers? There are no two that are alike. So is it possible to drop a one-size-fits-all CTI solution into an enterprise contact center?
The solution can still be tweaked post-deployment, of course. But this often required a knowledgeable engineer or consultant to perform the work… which sort of defeats the purpose.
So Genesys had a lot of time to rethink and improve its midsize offering with the announcement of Genesys One.
First, at its core is G8, the latest and greatest (and some would say, most reliable) release of Genesys software.
Second, Genesys One is SIP centric. Not only does this lower costs for the customer but it also simplifies the deployment.
And third, encouraging configurability. That’s not the same as customization. Configurability is customization with boundaries and limits which helps with maintenance and troubleshooting.
In terms of marketing Genesys One, it’s clear that many mid-tier consulting firms in the Genesys ecosystem are interested in selling something like this. It’s evident from the press release as well (see section “Genesys Partner Quotes”). These smaller PS organizations have limited resources and would welcome an implementation that takes 30 days or less. I’d think that Genesys will probably rely heavily on these partners to sell and deploy Genesys One.
The official news release:
Daly City, California – November 14, 2012 – Genesys, a leading provider of customer service solutions, today announced Genesys One – a transformative customer service solution for the broader enterprise market. As part of a single software solution, Genesys One uniquely packages Genesys’ world-class contact center capabilities with innovative customer service best practices in the form of templates and applications, making it fast and easy to deploy a next generation contact center. For the first time, companies across the broader enterprise market can benefit from advanced technology combined with innovative customer service strategies developed by Genesys over more than 20 years of working with the world’s leading brands.
- All-in-One Solution Leverages Leading Genesys 8 Software – Genesys One is built upon the industry-leading Genesys 8 software suite, including the SIP-based Genesys Customer Interaction Management Platform. The solution delivers advanced customer service capabilities as part of a single software package, including best-in-class routing, agent desktop, and reporting. Genesys One leverages the Genesys SIP Select ecosystem to provide a complete solution, including telephony and end points.
- Innovative Rapid Deployment Approach– Genesys One features a fixed-price installation for deployment in 30 days or less. It leverages Genesys’ patent-pending orchestration technology to package customer service best practices into pre-defined strategies and applications that dramatically reduce the time and cost needed to deploy an advanced contact center. Genesys One features the Rapid Installer application, which instantly populates customer service routing strategies and reporting, using an intuitive application interface and easy-to-use templates.
- Simplified Management for Low TCO – Putting more control in the hands of the enterprise business user, the Genesys One reporting capabilities and role-based applications allow customer service executives and line of business managers to monitor and modify customer service strategies on the fly as business conditions change – without requiring IT support.
- Foundation for Growth with Genesys’ Open and Scalable Approach – Genesys One supports up to 300 agents on a single server and can scale up on a fully virtualized infrastructure. Genesys One can be expanded to include additional Genesys applications based on a company’s future customer service needs.
- Availability – Genesys One is available worldwide starting in December 2012.
“Until now only the largest, most sophisticated companies have benefited from the world’s most advanced customer service solutions,” said Paul Segre, President and CEO at Genesys. “With Genesys One, we are delivering more than a new product. The broader enterprise market now has access to a transformative solution that gives them instant access to industry-leading technology and years of customer service expertise and best practices – packaged together for rapid deployment and low TCO.”
“Genesys One meets a very clear market need for an advanced, versatile, feature-rich, on-premise contact center solution,” said Stephen Loynd, Global Program Manager, Frost & Sullivan. “Companies across the broader enterprise market for contact centers should take note that Genesys is now bringing a quicker to deploy, lower TCO solution to market.”
Genesys Partner Quotes::
“Genesys has long been recognized as the leading provider of software for saving the world from bad customer service,” said Rob Church, President and CEO at Aria Solutions. “With Genesys One, Genesys has created a packaged approach for quickly deploying a great customer experience. Building on more than fifteen years of experience working with Genesys, Aria Solutions can now deploy the world’s best contact center solution to our customers faster than ever before and with a lower TCO.”
“Genesys One is redefining the customer experience across the enterprise for agents, supervisors, CXOs – and ultimately the customer,” said Scott Walker, CEO at ethosIQ. “As a partner, ethosIQ can leverage Genesys One along with our own unique suite of tools that help small to mid-market companies compete with the same support, power and control enterprise companies utilize.”
“Mediu is proud to be a partner of Genesys One,” said Mike Berichon, CEO at Mediu. “Through a simplified business user interface, customer segmentation templates, and rapid deployment capabilities, Genesys One fulfils a critical business need for customer-centric organizations, regardless of size. Mediu is committed to teaming with Genesys to help drive this innovative solution into the marketplace.”
“Genesys One looks very interesting in terms of maturity and promising in terms of deployment effectiveness,” said Luc Verhoeven, Director, Contact Center Europe at NextiraOne. “This is the right solution for mid-size contact centers looking for best-of-breed, sustainability and endless integration capabilities.”
“Now, with Genesys One we are able to bring the world a Genesys solution for businesses of all sizes on a single server that is quick to deploy, flexible and simple,” said Martha Toledo, General Director at Toga Solutions. “Never before has there been such an attractive contact center solution. At Toga, we are ready to offer Genesys One to the market.”
- For more information, visit http://www.genesyslab.com/products/genesys-one/overview.aspx