I started insideCTI blog in January 2010 and now nearly an year later, I am still amazed at how much this part-time venture has grown and the support I’ve had received through these months. This blog started out as an outlet for my personal and professional passions: writing and contact center tech. I am very thankful to all of you readers.
Have a Merry Christmas!!!
Here’s an inside look at insideCTI in 2010:
Visitors: about 9,000
Average time on site: about 1 minute
Readers from 106 countries, top 5: USA (58%), Canada (6%), UK (5%), India (3%), and France (3%)
Top 5 browsers: IE (40%, yuck), Firefox (30%), Chrome (17%), Safari (12%), and others (1%)
Top 5 operating systems: Windows (75%), Mac (18%), Linux (3%), iPhone (2%), and iPad (2%)
Top 10 most popular posts:
- Teleku joins Tropo and Twilio in competitive web telephony
- The real missing Lync: No Windows Phone 7 integration?
- Guest post: Four simple rules for new technology evaluation
- Aspect vs. Avaya, round one
- AudioCodes enables SIP phones with Microsoft OCS
- Loquendo’s mobile TTS and ASR offering now complete
- An Avaya tablet?
- VoiceCon: How will video kill the voice star? A look at Avistar, TANDBERG, and Vidyo
- Cisco and Genesys sitting in a tree, k-i-s-s-i-n-g…
- Genesys certifies CounterPath Bria softphone
As always, feel free to hit me with news tips, comments, suggestions, advice, etc. My contact info is on this blog and on the major social media sites.